Library Reading Room:
Jubilee Hills Public School has a very spacious Library with a good stack area. It is well ventilated and air conditioned. It has a separate reference section cum reading room for teachers and senior students to refer the books and browse internet tosupport their teaching, learning process.
Library is well equipped with a good collection of books, CDs and periodicals. It has more than 14627 books of different categories which include a wide range of reference books. All the reference books are stacked in the Reference Section. The library has a collection of nearly 630 CDs which cover different subjects. School Cinema – a package of value based movies is shown to the students, which helps to inculcate values in them.
The Library subscribes 20 magazines and various newspapers of English, Hindi and Telugu which help the students to improve their general and current awareness. The Library follows Dewey Decimal Classificationfor classifying the books which is based on subject classification. Books are arranged on the racks based on these class numbers.
The entire library is fully automated. My Classboard Software is used for automation of the collection and in-house operations of the library. The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) which saves the time of teachers and students is made available for staff and students on the intranet.
Facilities in the Library:
Library is facilitated with an I-board and a computer with internet in the reference section. There is a Projector with Screen in Audio Visual Room in the library to show value based movies and educational CDs to students. Photocopying and printing facility is provided to the teachers and students.
e-Library was inaugurated in the academic year 2017-18. The School has procured 41 kindle devices which are used by the students to access e-books of various genres. This facility is named as ‘Kindle Club’. Various activities like Book Review, Story writing, Author talks are conducted under this club. CDs of value based movies and other subjects are shown in the library to the students of all classes.
1. JHPS walked another mile to nurture the creativity and self-reading flair by making the state of the art library facility available for the secondary and senior secondary students and teachers. This is a new library in addition to the main library.
2. The new Secondary Library was inaugurated by Sri Tummala Narendra Chowdary, Chairman, NTV, on 01st September, 2018; along with the Committee Members of Jubilee Hills Education Society.
3. The new library helps in opening the doors of a child’s intellect by enhancing their reading and thinking skills. It is a Centre for students; which acts as a stress buster and a reliever from the academic pressure.
4. The new library is spacious, well ventilated with good stack area and air conditioned. It has a separate section for reading and reference. This Library is placed in the Vision Block beside the Atal Tinkering Lab. The students & teachers can refer the books and browse internet to support their teaching, learning process.
5. An open area equipped with bean bags has also been provided to the students to provide an area which supports learning in a relaxed atmosphere.